My bacon and mushroom tagliatelle is easy and delicious! My kids beg me to make it and my husband loves it, it’s a must for the whole family!
Bacon and Mushroom Tagliatelle
- 500g tagliatelle pasta
- 200g pack of bacon pieces (or cut up bacon strips)
- 400g punnet mixed mushrooms (basically a mix of button and brown mushrooms)
- 250ml whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed (or 2 teaspoons of that 100% crushed garlic tub in your fridge)
- olive oil
- 20g of butter
- teaspoon of italian herbs
- splash of white wine
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Get a large frying pan and fry the bacon pieces in a tablespoon of olive oil until crisp.
- Push crispy bacon to the outer edges of the pan and melt the butter in the centre.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute, and then add the mushrooms (that you have already chopped up and rinsed off).
- Fry for a few minutes, adding the italian herbs and 2 'grinds' of sea salt and black pepper. Throw in a splash of white wine.
- Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the cream. Once it's warm (be careful not to boil it) add a half a cup of cheese and turn off the heat.
- Stir occasionally while the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Then cook your Tagliatelle (if you're superwoman feel free to make it from scratch, for the rest of us a packet of pasta will do just fine) in a pot of boiling water, with a pinch of salt and splash of olive oil in. Cook for about 8 min or until 'al dente' or according to packet instructions. I like to stir and shake the tagliatelle with the 'pasta spoon fork' (as I call it) so none of them are stuck together when they cook. Once cooked put the pasta in a colander and rinse it off (this keeps it from getting 'icky'), then add a bit of olive oil and give it a good stir.
- Mix the sauce and the pasta together in a large serving bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with a side bowl of grated cheese so the family can sprinkle it on their amazing tagliatelle as needed/wanted.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.