Authentic tasty Chipotle sauce that’s delicious on it’s own and essential to any Mexican dish. So easy to make, and yet so tasty!
- 3 cups of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- In a small bowl mix the spices (Cumin and Onion, Chilli and Garlic Powder) and flour.
- In a medium sized pot, heat Olive Oil at a medium heat.
- Add Tomato Paste, and the bowl with the Flour/Spice mix.
- Cook for about a minute, whisking the whole time.
- Whisk in the Stock and bring to boil, then immediately reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally, allowing it to thicken.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
We use this in our Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas Recipe!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.