There are so many Tzatziki recipes out there and none of them tasted the way I wanted them to. I tweaked this recipe until it was exactly the way it should be. I’m sure you’ll be as happy with it as I am!
Perfect Greek Tzatziki
- 2 Cucumbers, halved and seeded
- 500g Double Cream Plain Yoghurt (or Greek if you can find it)
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons freeze dried Dill Tips
- 1 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Halve and seed the Cucumbers. Then roughly chop them and put in a blender, or hand blend them.
- Get rid of the water in the blended cucumber by putting it in a terry cloth or (brand new and clean) cleaning cloth, and giving it a good squeeze.
- Mix the Garlic, Dill and Lemon juice into the Cucumber, then add the Yoghurt slowly until you reach the correct consistency.
- Add a few grinds of Salt and Pepper, mix and then taste.
- Tzatziki is definitely a 'taste as you go' kind of dish, you need to tweak it, I can't tell you what to add down to the last micro-gram.
- Add the Olive Oil last and then taste it again.
- Once you are satisfied put it in the fridge for a few hours before eating it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.