Today is Cherry Red colour board day! There’s nothing like amping up an outfit with a bright red lip. I always feel like I’m making some huge statement when my lips are red. Not really sure what I’m saying… but I’m saying something! Ha ha… Some people are nervous about doing a red lip so below I have some tips for you.
A little background on Cherries from Wiki…
A cherry is the fruit of many plants of the genus Prunus, and is a fleshy drupe (stone fruit). The fruits of commerce are usually obtained from a limited number of species such as cultivars of the sweet cherry, Prunus avium. The name ‘cherry’ also refers to the cherry tree, and is sometimes applied to almonds and visually similar flowering trees in the genus Prunus, as in “ornamental cherry”, “cherry blossom”, etc. – Wikipedia
Here are today’s makeup tips:
- Always carry a mirror when you’re doing ‘the Red lip’ (dum dum dummmm). It’s a high maintenance look, so be prepared.
- Always use lip liner with a red lip! ALWAYS.
- Use a highlighter on your cheek bones to balance out the red lip and keep it fresh looking.
- Red nail polish? I prefer a matte to a gloss.
- Everyone is crazy ‘Kylie Jenner’ over lining their lips… that’s fine, go crazy, but maybe not on a red lip… you’re definitely going to see how fake it is.
- Bright red lips… go for a neutral more subtle eye palette.
- Apply, blot, reapply, add some gloss. BOOM.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.