The secret to this Margarita recipe, the thing that makes it different to the 20 million other recipes out there is that instead of using Triple Sec I use Cointreau. I personally feel that the Triple Sec taste overwhelms a Margarita and it also makes me feel queazy by the second glass. The Cointreau doesn’t do that and it tastes fantastic!
WARNING: This might ruin regular Margarita’s for you… forever.
- For 1:
- 45ml Tequila (good quality, preferably blanco)
- 15ml Cointreau (instead of Triple Sec!)
- 45ml of Lime Juice (freshly squeezed is always better...)
- Crushed Ice
- Salt for rimming the glass
- Rim your glasses by cutting a wedge of lime and gently rubbing it around the rim of the glass, then turn it upside down and in a saucer make a little heap of salt and run the glass rim through it.
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve over crushed ice.
- *I like to make a pitcher of this (just multiply the recipe... a lot) and put it in the fridge, personally I think really cold Margarita's taste better.
- Garnish with a slice of lime (optional)
- Another option if you have one of those Margarita Mixes is to put less Lime juice in and add your mix, but I wouldn't totally substitute it for the Limes as they really make this Margarita amazing!
Try it with our Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas Recipe!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.